DEADLINE: 3rd march
DEPARTMENT: Nursing department
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: In-Charge
Ensure that patients receive quality evidence-based nursing care on the ward. Provide health education to patients and attendants, advice and emotional support as needed.
- Ensure the professional behavior of staff within department.
- Ensure compliance with NMC regulations and licensing of nurses.
- Be responsible for keeping up with evidence-based practice and developments in nursing, ensuring this knowledge are passed on to patients and staff within your department.
- Organize, attend and actively participate in minimum of two C.N.E.s per month.
- Ensure all nurses abide by the NMC and Case Hospital Code of Conduct.
OPERATIONAL & CLINICAL SKILLS
- Observing and recording patients’ behavior.
- Coordinating with doctors and other healthcare professionals for creating and evaluating customized care plans.
- In order to provide emotional and psychological support to the patients and their families, the nurse create harmonious environment.
- Analyzing patient’s symptoms and report to the doctor.
- Maintaining reports of patients’ medical histories, and monitoring changes in their condition.
- Carrying out the requisite treatments and medications.
- Checking the stock on a regular basis for maintaining the inventory level and placing orders if required.
- Adhering with the protocols, norms, rules and regulations in order to maintain complete medical records.
- Maintaining hygienic and safe working environment in compliance with the healthcare procedures.
- Conducting research for improving the nursing practices and healthcare outcomes.
- Providing instant care during medical emergencies, like car accidents, burns, heart attacks and strokes.
- Providing necessary guidance on health maintenance and disease prevention.
- Keeping an eye on each and every aspect of patient care that includes physical activity plus proper diet.
- Preparing rooms, and decontaminating equipment and instruments.
- Preparing patients for examinations.
- Educating patients’ families about the disease and its treatment.
- Assisting doctors during surgery.
- Resolving patients’ problems and fulfilling their requirements by applying multifaceted team strategy.
- Interacting with the hospital teams for maintaining harmonious relationships.
- Attending educational workshops for enhancing professional and technical knowledge.
- To educate patients and the general public on disease management, special diet plans and medical conditions,
- Provide information on home care after their treatment and teach individuals how to self-administer medication or complete other self-care tasks.
COMMUNICATION, ORGANISATION & DECISION MAKING
- Document and keep records of all patient activity and ensure all staff also comply.
- Report any challenges, failures and successes to senior managers.
- Communicate effectively at all times to the ward In-charge.
- Ensure patient allocation and evaluation of daily care plans for patients.
- Daily checking of Emergency equipment, drugs and sundries.
- Making quick clinical judgments when handling an emergency or crisis situation.
- Assist senior managers when making decisions regarding your department ensuring that you represent the views of your staff.
- Participate in a collaborative team working involving staff in decision-making. (Team Working)
INITIATIVE, LEADERSHIP & RESOURCE / FINANCE MANAGEMENT
- Implement policies, procedures and systems in collaboration with senior managers to support and improve your department.
- Share ideas, skills and knowledge with colleagues and contribute to improving services to patients.
- Develop own skills and knowledge.
- Act as a role model to team members.
- Delegate relevant duties to team members ensuring they follow through.
- Identify training needs of self, developing and participating in an appraisal system and formulation of personal development plans.
- Act as an advocate for patients and staff within your department.
- Supervise the duties of the nurses, midwives and nursing assistants within the department.
- Listen to patients and staff complaints and respond accordingly in collaboration with senior managers.
- To be financially aware in order to monitor and use resources effectively.
TIME MANAGEMENT, CUSTOMER CARE, COMMITTMENT AND LOYALTY
- Ensure that care within your department is delivered in a timely manner and that patients are not kept waiting.
- Ensure punctuality of yourself when on duty, clock in and out.
- Educate the patients and their attendants in the promotion of health and the prevention of ill health and ensure staffs adopt this approach.
- Ensure nurses induct patients and attendants to the ward on admission and document.
- Ensure nursing staff practice high standards of customer care.
- Ensure behavior and attitude always remains positive and in the interests of the hospital.
- Be committed to working in a changing environment.
- Prioritise managerial and clinical workload.
EDUCATIONAL & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing (BSN)
- Diploma in Nursing (Registered)
- 3 years’ experience in nursing.
PROFESSIONAL & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Clinical and operational skills.
- People management skills.
- Quality and patient focus
- Relationship and hospitality skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Emotional stability
- Problem solving
Applications to be sent to email@example.com. Only the ones sent in the email will be considered. Please specify which position you are applying for in the subject line.