DEADLINE: 3rd march
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Medical Officer Supervisor
The Medical Officer’s duties include examining patients, diagnosing common illnesses, and administering or prescribing appropriate treatment also be able to address patients’ health-related queries.
A medical Officer should be able to communicate the gravity of diagnoses while reassuring patients who are in distress and will suggest appropriate referrals if necessary.
- Inspecting and updating patients’ charts.
- Diagnosing common ailments such as colds, flu, and diabetes.
- Administering medication topically, orally, and via intravenous or intramuscular injections.
- Prescribing apt medications and lifestyle alterations.
- Asking for laboratories tests for further investigations.
- Referring patients to specialists for further testing and treatment, if needed.
- Managing patients who have health insurance appropriately.
- Anticipating and responding to patients’ wellness-related questions and concerns.
- Performing any other duty given by your manager within your responsibilities.
EDUCATIONAL & EXPERIENCE
- Medical Degree.
- Successful completion of a 1-year residency training program.
- Should have a valid Annual Practicing license.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a General Practitioner.
PROFESSIONAL & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Adherence to health and ethical codes.
- Strong ability to triage and multitask.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Very good communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only the ones sent in the email will be considered. Please specify which position you are applying for in the subject line.