REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Laboratory Manager
To carry out laboratory analysis for disease diagnosis, treatment, prevention, control and any other duties as may be assigned by the Laboratory manager from time to time.
- Laboratory investigations done, results interpreted and submitted to requesting clinician.
- Reagents prepared in accordance with the established procedures.
- Advice to Clinical staff on proper collection, handling and transportation of specimen given.
- Primary health care activities supported;
- Laboratory data compiled, analyzed and performance reports prepared.
- Professional and service code of conduct enforced.
- Laboratory equipment serviced and an inventory maintained;
- Supplies for Laboratory work requisitioned and allocated resources accounted for.
- Quality assurance for Laboratory tests enforced.
- Environment, storage conditions monitored and a safe working environment maintained.
- Carrying out Laboratory investigations and submitting reports to Clinicians.
- Collecting, handling and transporting specimens to the Laboratory.
- Preparing specimens and reagents according to established procedures.
- Liaising with ward management and or clinicians in the preparation of patients for Laboratory tests.
- Requisition and account for the necessary supplies for Laboratory work.
- Servicing and maintaining Laboratory equipment to ensure functionality.
- Participate in primary health care activities.
- Maintain an inventory of the laboratory equipment;
- Participate in quality assurance for Laboratory tests.
- To monitor environment and storage conditions in the laboratory and maintain a safe working environment
EDUCATIONAL & EXPERIENCE
- Must have a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology from a recognized Institution.
- A degree in Medical Laboratory is an added advantage
- A minimum of 3years experience in the field
PROFESSIONAL & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Information Technology
- Concern for quality and standards of Laboratory services
- Ethics and integrity
- And Time management
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only the ones sent in the email will be considered. Please specify which position you are applying for in the subject line.